It’s 2019 and all of a sudden so many of my ex-classmates are having babies! In fact, we even have a mummy WhatsApp group to share our questions and stories. And because I’m the most senior one there- the only one to have 2 kids at the moment- all my first-time-mummy friends are asking ME for a list of items to buy for their baby and advice on what’s not necessary.
So, instead of having to type out and re-think every single time someone asks me this question, I thought why not come up with this baby shopping list- so I can share with them what i think is necessary and what’s not.
So here’s a baby shopping list which I personally think are necessities, and which I think are not necessary when you are shopping for your first baby.
The Big Bulky Items
- Crib or co-sleeper
- Crib mattress
- Car seat (For extra savings, pick one that fits newborn till at least 18 kg)
- Stroller (Pick one that is newborn friendly and can use till at least 3 years old)
- High chair / Booster seat (not an issue till 4- 6 months onwards)
- Cupboard / Dresser – For baby’s clothes
- Changing table – Because changing on bed/ floor hurts my back
- Bassinet (You’ll only use it till 3 months, so don’t waste your money!)
- Rocking chair (Although nice to have especially when you’re nursing baby)