Here’s a little review on Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Bath & Wash from a mummy with a boy who has sensitive skin.
Looking for the right baby wash can be a little overwhelming especially when you’re a new parent. With all the dos and don’ts and what’s good and what’s not, I can imagine what you’re going through- in fact, I know exactly how you feel because I too went through it all.
By now you probably already know that babies and toddlers have much more sensitive skin compared to an adult’s, and that is why picking the right baby bath and wash is so important. I used to think that any bath or shampoo that are ‘made for babies ‘ is good enough- that’s until I found out that my firstborn Eidrix had eczema (yup, had– he eventually grew out of it, alhamdullilah).
Ever since then, I was a bit pickier and cautious when it came to choosing the right baby bath or shampoos. Some of the things that I look out for are:
• Is it paraben-free? –More info on why we should be cautious with paraben here.
• Is it soap-free? – Soap can be drying for the skin
• Is it hypoallergenic?- which means it is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction
• Is the fragrance overpowering?
So recently I came across Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Bath & Wash, which fits the bill for what I’m looking for. As a working mama I need a baby wash that is fuss-free, which means that it has to clean well yet gentle on the skin.
There are a few reasons why I really like the Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Bath & Wash, so let me expand on them below.
- Besides being paraben- free, soap-free and hypoallergenic, the Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Bath & Wash also is 1/3 lotion with aloe vera and almond oil, which are 2 ingredients that are beneficial to keep the skin moisturized, soft and smooth.
- It is also a product that is recommended by paediatricians – According to Cetaphil’s Website, a total of 200 dermatologist and paediatricians in Germany surveyed online in 2015 for this. That’s a relief!
- It lathers up just nicely- I personally do not like the ones that don’t lather up. But I also do not like ones that lather up too much, so this one is just nice- We can still have that bubble bath effect if we want to.
- I love the smell!– The best part is the scent sticks on even after bath, which kinda makes me want to hug and kiss my kids all the time… haha! But most importantly, it’s not overpowering!
DID YOU KNOW?
10/10 mums agree that Cetaphil Baby Moisturising Bath & Wash gently cleanses and moisturises baby’s delicate skin*.
I also like the packaging because it’s easy to grip and easy to bring along on our travels too. Imagine if it’s a pump-out type… susah right? There’s a risk of it leaking if you don’t pack it in properly.
In terms of the amount of liquid used for one bath, I just use a coin size amount every time and it does the job!
Besides that, the formulation is made tear-free, which means it won’t sting if it accidentally gets into your baby’s eyes.
Overall, the Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Bath & Wash is so far the best body bath and wash for us because it meets all the requirements that a working mummy like me need, plus it’s gentle on my boy’s skin and moisturizing too!
Ohh ya, I forgot to mention that I found that I don’t even need to put on any oil or lotion after his bath anymore!- save me time and money! hehehe
If you’re interested to know about the Cetaphil Baby Moisturizing Bath & Wash, you can get more info via their links below:
*Survey conducted by Home Tester Club between 6/7/17 and 8/9/17. 431 members have received and home tested Cetaphil Baby Moisturising Bath & Wash