As most of you know, I’ve been struggling with severe backpain that hurts all the way down to my left leg. This started even before I was pregnant and just got worst as I was getting heavier and heavier.
So a blogger friend of mine (Thank you Sebrina) recommended a pelvic support belt that might help to ease the pain and support my pregnancy. I’ve been using the belt on and off for a few weeks now and here’s what I think about it.
A little info about the belt that I got
Love Cradle Maternity Support Belt
- Ergonomic design, suitable for pregnancy & postpartum wear
- Prevents /Provide relief for the symptoms of Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) or Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP)
- Relieve lower back, joints, & muscular pains by supporting the extra weight
- Encourages proper posture during & after pregnancy
- Sewn-in steel boning on the back for sturdier support
My first impression
While I was at Bmama’s HQ, I tried on several belts that they have there and found that the Love Cradle Maternity Support Belt made a huge difference compared to the other belts, considering my situation.
No 1 is probably because of the steel boning at the back.
No2. I felt that it was easy to put on and take off, as well as adjust the size as my belly grows.
As weeks went by…
After using the belt for some time, there are a few things that I found about it:
- It’s a bit difficult to go to the toilet- the belt has to
be positionsright on your panty line, which means you’ll need to take it off every time you go to the toilet.
- The material gets a bit loose at the back from wearing it for long hours- but I think washing it will give back its elasticity (haven’t tried that though).
- Front strap gets a bit squished- Most probably because of my tummy type where I have more fat on the lower abdomen (not like the nice round tummies you see on slimmer mummies and the product box- maybe I need a wider strap? Hmmm..)
But other than that…
I felt an instant lift of support when putting it on, which helped a lot especially when I’m standing a lot. It’s really comfortable and you can adjust the straps according to your comfort level. It is very helpful as you get heavier throughout your pregnancy.
I would recommend it to be used while you’re on the go. You can take it off when you’re mostly sitting in the office, but put it on again when you have to walk about or stand.
So in my case, I’ll take it off when I’m in the office, but make sure to have it on when I’m out attending events or meetings.
Have you guys tried anything of the same sort? What’s your experience like?
Do you have anything else to recommend for me to try? Do help a mummy out! Thanks!