I’m one of those people where I hate crowded places and I hate queuing for long periods of time, especially when you’re hungry and just need to fill up your tummy! So recently, I came across an app that could do the queuing for me! It’s called QueQ, and is a Thai- based community mobile app that helps us to eliminate the hassle of queuing up at my favourite dining outlets.
As you guys might know already, K FRY is one of those restaurants that can get really ridiculously long queues, which is why I haven’t tried it till the day I found out about QueQ. Anyway, the process was pretty easy:
- Just download QueQ app on your iphone or Android phone.
- Login to the QueQ app via social media account or as guest for the first time.
- Select the preferred restaurant within the radius from main screen and book a queue. After selecting your type of seats and number of guests, tap ‘Get Q’ to receive your virtual ‘Q Ticket’.
- You will receive a notification once your queue number is near, then you will be ushered to your table once your queue number is called.
Easy right? Once you got your number, you can see how many queues are infront of you and estimate how long you’ll have to wait.
At the moment, the QueQ app is applicable at these few places:
- K Fry Urban Korean Restaurant – 1 Utama Shopping Centre, KLCC, IOI City Mall Putrajaya and Holiday Villa Hotel Johor Bharu
- Kurin – Nu Sentral
- Yut Kee Restaurant – Heritage Row Area
- Ho Kow Hainanese Kopitiam – Petaling Street Kuala Lumpur
- Bar-B-Q Plaza – AEON Bukit Tinggi Klang, Sunway Velocity and Sunway Pyramid
- Dotty’s Pastries and Coffee – KLCC
- Klinik Mediviron – Seksyen 22, Shah Alam
I really wish that there are more places that can use the QueQ app, hopefully they are increasing this number of places so i don’t have to stand and que. I mean this is especially useful for mummies like myself who have children who just can’t stay still in one place right? Don’t you agree? We could walk around, get a little bit of shopping done or even head to the diaper changing room instead of standing and wasting time in line.
An alternative to downloading the app is getting your queue number via the iPad that is readily available in the outlet. I’m not sure if all the places mentioned above has the iPad but i do know that K Fry definitely does.
Once our number was called, we were ushered to our table and ready to order! Since it was my first time in K Fry, of course we had to order the best sellers. Here are a few photos from our lunch session. yumms yummss…
We definitely enjoyed our lunch here at K Fry, but would we go back? Maybe not so soon. It can get a little muak, but the portions are hugee!! Which is great cause you get to share them with your loved ones. Would i use the app again? YES! But i really wish they would collaborate with more places especially those with huge, long queues.
For your convenience, you can find the download link to the QueQ app via the links below: