4 years after i was born, the first McDonald’s landed in Kuching, Sarawak. And on its 25th Anniversary,which is this year, it finally gets a fresh new look! Like finally!
If you guys didn’t know already (because i didn’t), McDonalds Padungan was the first McDonald’s restaurant to open in the whole of Sarawak and it is finally remodelled as part of the organisation’s innovative plans to modernise experience for customers.
The transformation of the Padungan restaurant incorporates various new features and innovative customer service concepts, which include: –
- Table service, where customers can order their meals at the front counter or via one of the ordering screens and choose the option for their food to be served at their chosen table.
- Self-ordering kiosks (SOKs), where customers can place their own orders and customise their meals according to their preference.
- Dual point service that enables customers to order through the SOKs or the front counter, before picking up their food when their order numbers are flashed on screen.
- Cashless transaction convenience so that customers can easily pay for their meals using credit or debit cards.
- Digital menu boards to showcase the menu and on-going promotions, improve customer experience when ordering over the counter.
- High speed WiFi connectivity for the benefit of always-connected customers
The grand opening was also made more special with McDonald’s hosting a community event at the restaurant to assist the underprivileged community in Sarawak.
The event saw the handover of school packs to local primary school children. This is an annual “Back-to-School” programme spearheaded by McDonald’s Malaysia and Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education Malaysia. As part of the programme, more than 880 primary school children from Sarawak will receive school packs in preparation for the 2019 school year session.